Assessment and moderation are causing so much debate amongst our schools. There is no clear definition or lead from the government with continuous changes, constant u-turns, mistakes and mishaps! Sue Hackman addresses these important issues in her latest Webinar.
Sue Hackman online event on the 21st June 2016 starting 16:00 and finishing 17:30.
About Sue Hackman
Sue was the Chief Adviser on School Standards at the DfE between 2006 -2013. She managed accountability, assessment, inspection, school improvement, pedagogy, catch-up programmes, international work and deprivation as well as the core subjects. Before that, she spent several years as a National Director in the government’s National Strategies. She was the English inspector in Surrey LA and taught in every key stage. Sue has over 80 titles published and spends her time between writing and training.
How to get control of assessment and moderation in a changing system
Assessment and moderation are causing so much debate amongst our schools. There is no clear definition or lead from the government with continuous changes, mistakes and mishaps! Sue Hackman addresses these important issues in her latest Webinar.
16:00 Assessment: Then, now and what next?
Tremendous changes have shaken school assessment practice and most schools are still in transition to a new model. This session considers how schools are dealing with tectonic changes to assessment and reviews emerging ideas about a more dynamic, modern assessment system. Sue will be reviewing the current assessment scene and addressing:
· Reading the political landscape – is it all falling apart?
· Are the tests collapsing?
· What’s going well now we’re a year into life without levels?
· What is still to be resolved?
· What are Ofsted saying about assessment under the new framework?
· What are most schools doing about assessment and moderation?
16:30 Moderation: Self-checking the standard
This session will explore how moderation has changed and how schools might take a useful look at standards across the board.
· What does moderation mean in the new assessment system?
· What kind of moderation should school be practising?
17:00 Best practice in tracking
Sue discusses ideas on developing your own tracking scheme, and will offer alternative and unbiased advice about choosing a commercial package.
· How should schools establish a trajectory of expectation?
· What sort of metric are schools using?
· Where are we heading with assessment schemes?
· What will future best practice look like?
17:15 Thoughts on Mastery and Testing
· Conventional tests matter in the current system, and they can be useful if they are handled sympathetically. We consider what internal touchstone checks might look like, particularly for non-SAT years and that part of the curriculum that is currently untested:
· What’s happening about mastery?
· Should schools be using tests?
17:30 Close with a Q&A session
As it is an online event, access will be limited so, to ensure you don’t miss out reserve your place at: Assessment & Moderation Seminar by Sue Hackman
Cost of Webinar: £21.99 per ticket inclusive of VAT
If your school does not have use of a debit/credit card please email me at email@example.com and I will book your place via direct invoice.